Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Apple Inc. that allows users to make payments in person, in iOS apps, and on the web. It uses near-field communication (NFC) technology, Touch ID, and/or Face ID for security. Users can add their credit and debit cards to the service and use their iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac to make payments in stores, in apps, and online. Apple Pay also supports person-to-person payments and can be used to make purchases with participating retailers and within certain apps.
Set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch:
- Open the Wallet app on your device and tap the “+” sign.
- Follow the prompts to add a credit or debit card by using the camera to capture the card information or by manually entering it.
- Verify the card by entering the security code and/or waiting for your bank to verify the card.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap “Wallet & Apple Pay.”
- Tap “Add a Credit or Debit Card” and follow the prompts to add a card.
- The card will automatically be added to your Apple Watch.
- Set up Apple Pay on your Mac:
- Go to System Preferences > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Click the “+” sign to add a credit or debit card.
- Follow the prompts to add a card and verify it.
Use Apple Pay:
- To use Apple Pay on your iPhone or iPad, hold the top of your device near the contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID.
- To use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, double-click the side button and hold the face of your watch near the contactless reader.
- To use Apple Pay on your Mac, select “Apple Pay” at checkout and verify the purchase with Touch ID or your passcode.
Note: Make sure that your device and the merchant’s card reader support Apple Pay, and that your device is connected to the internet.