A Classic Egg and Cheese Sandwich is a delicious and easy breakfast option that can be made quickly in the morning. Here’s how you can make one:
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of American cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and allow it to melt.
- Crack two eggs into the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the eggs for 1-2 minutes or until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread in a toaster or in the oven.
- Once the bread is toasted, place a slice of cheese on each slice of bread.
- Use a spatula to carefully transfer the eggs from the pan to one slice of the bread.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of the eggs and cheese.
- Serve hot and enjoy your classic egg and cheese sandwich!
You can also add other ingredients to your sandwich, such as bacon, ham, or vegetables like spinach or tomato, to give it some extra flavor and nutrition.